Sunday, July 17, 2011

These Are My Confessions

Sooooooooooo....Major reality check, or more like a slap in the face!!!!!!!!!

Today I went to a church in Halifax with my sister. It's as if I was supposed to be there today...The sermon was about being a servant for Christ without complaining. There were lots of scriptures mentioned..But the one read today was Mark 10:35...Read and let me know your thoughts please and thanks! So if you had money and your dad didn't and he needed gas, offering what you have instead of saying, how much do you need, just give what you have and smile. Give with a giving heart and I have struggled with this for years, and still do. Ask my family. I know that I have a lot to work on but I have really good intentions and I have found myself struggling to please people. I live with a family of high expectations and often times I struggle to meet them because I am trying to live my own life, but one thing I need to grip on tighter is that I will never be without if I have God. Why is that so hard to believe? Not sure, but I've lived in fear my whole life. Never being enough, never getting the A+, never being the apple of someone's eye, (besides God) I whine and complain a lot, and I get mad. I try to help, but sometimes it does not help but aggravate, and nobody likes to listen to someone who just talks for the sake of hearing their own voice. I am very much like my mother and you know what? You will just have to accept parts of me that may not all be there because not everyone has the right "formula" most times we act like we have it together, but we do not. To some I may hide behind a computer, but trust me, I am working my way up the ladder. I don't hide in real life I am honest but I also have respect for people and do not treat them like "friends" I try my best to not use people because it is wrong. It makes me uncomfortable when I am trying to be friends with people, and in the end I don't see them for while unless I need a drive...it just doesn't make sense. Why befriend someone if you don't really like them?

So I confess that I am not always right. I do sometimes say words that I shouldn't, and I am working on gossiping less, it's a sin and we should know better. If you cannot talk to the person to their face, keep your mouth closed and turn the other cheek, but do not be two-faced. It's not nice! That's not very God like and if you claim to be a faith based person, think WWJD, yes I pulled it out! Would Jesus turn his face away? Jesus would never shun anyone away from his kingdom, he just wants people that are humble. Honest, trustworthy, and willing to do anything to make him happy. I do not always obey my parents, and that means I am breaking a commandment, God knows that and knows I am trying my hardest but God sees all...

Anyway, like I said, these are my confessions. This week I am working on not gossiping, and respecting my parents more. It is a commandment and if broken, you are not pleasing God. So, I challenge all to try on commandment a week. See what happens...I'll keep you updated everyday on what happens..Happy or sad, but I plan to keep counting my blessings big or small, and when you do right, trust me, God will reward you bigger than you thought.

Later
Signed:
GyftedArtyst

No comments: