Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sacrifices, They Are Worth It!

We've all had to make them, even when we don't want to, but I have to give my parents credit for raising my siblings the way that they did. It has not been an easy road, but my parents live off of faith. They know God will see them through anything and everything, so why live in fear? They never doubt or question God, they know he will bring them through the storm safe and sound. We got where we are because my parents worked hard. they fought hard, they made compromises, sacrifices over sacrifice, they knew they were risking a lot bringing three (when we arrived in Canada my baby sis wasn't born than) small African children to a new culture knowing we would have less of our own...But we have managed to stay in touch and not lose total awareness of where we are from. I learn from my parents everyday. And things change all the time, so of course back than, 20+ years ago it was all different. My parents knew that coming here meant they had to work together to make things work. They have been married for 29 years, and still going strong. They have shown through thick and through thin, in sickness and in health, for richer for poorer, as long as we both shall live. God made them make a promise, and said I will see you through the whole thing. And he has, and for that I thank God and hope and pray that I am luck enough to find someone that will honor the vows my parents have honored.

Traits my dad has that I hope I find in a man:
Christian-(I was raised Baptist...)
strong willedOpen-minded
Kind man
EducatedWilling to make sacrifices
The list can go on really...
Enjoys having a good time

What have I learned:
Less is more
God works in mysterious ways
Manage your money better
Timing is everything, (Not sure when I'll get this but I'm not giving up on myself)
Keep my eyes on the prize
There is always a process to progress
P.U.S.H
Patience and confidence are key!

Signed:
GyftedArtyst

No comments: