Saturday, August 27, 2011

Does Love Exist/Soul Traits

My favorite/least favorite topic...

I know that love is real, but sometimes when you see people, married, couples, friends, I wonder if love was the main ingredient used to ensure everlasting happiness?

I come back to this blog after a couple weeks of ignoring it for personal and blogging reasons. I had a conversation with my family. I asked "how come nobody knocks on my door?", why doesn't anyone find me worth getting to know? Why am I still single and I'm hitting my mid-twenties? Time is changing that even our generation will marry later in life. But than my parents talked about being mentally developed and it made a lot of sense. I have a strong personality, but I am also the quietest, most shy person you can ever meet. My hard shell hides the big strong me. But no really, relationships and marriage are a LOT of work. I mention all the time that my parents have been married for 30 years next April, that is a long time. couples in Hollywood now are divorcing..Why are people not obeying God's rule of through thick or through thin? Is love no longer a part of the equation or have couples forgotten why they fell in love with" my tall dark and handsome, or my other half whom they met only months prior...There have been a lot of quick romances, and some couples are still just "together" Brangelina now have six kids and are still going strong...Seriously, she made that work...Anyhoo,
When talking to my sister, she mentioned that she does not believe in soul mate because we can have more than one. And I see how and why. When picking someone, we want someone with ambition, determination, and passion, and of course is loving. These traits make for a great person, and if she is beautiful, heck that is a bonus. But these days looks are not the main ingredient. Education, work, family, where she comes from, how she was raised, what she does not, etc. Back than we married for security unless you really did find your true love, and if you did, I salute you and wish you every happiness.

But some people marry to stay secure because they know what they need, as do the parents. It's a cultural thing. Look at  P.Diddy, he has two girlfriends who both know about each other...Cassie and Kim Parker. He has kids with one, and the other knows that she needs his 'security" to stay in the place that she is in. We all know, and she knows what she is to him, and maybe her family knows too, she will only make it so far, but she has what she needs now. He will treat her like a princess, but he won't marry her. But he can also drop her so fast, leaving her stranded, we all know Jennifer Lopez is on the market again and he knows when to make his move. Just you wait...(That marriage, J-Lo and Marc Anthony) was messed up too but hey...Gotta do what ya gotta do.

Back on track. Traits are what make a person appealing. If they have what you want, cooking skills, cleaning skills, can take care of babies, enjoys having a conversation about anything from politics to movies, to books to traveling, etc. she is a keeper. Like I also stated, looks won't always count anymore...

I hope you find your soul traits, someone that fits everything you want and need in a person and you know you can make it work with them.
I pray we all find that one person we can work with and stick with them. Vows are important, life is precious and it stops being about you once someone else comes in your life. It is a lot to handle and if you cannot handle it, don't mess up the routine of someone else just because you think they are pretty. It isn't worth it...

Signed:
GyftedArtyst

No comments: