Monday, July 11, 2011

Don't Judge

One thing I do not get about people is how we treat each other still, and still want the respect of our enemies! I cannot tell you how many times I have been "used" or been the middle person, or decided to go for something and nobody stood behind me even tho they claimed they were my friends? I don't just mean Africans, this is everyone. We treat each other like garbage, and than when we want our hair done, or to borrow some money, or...anything, we go out of our way to be nice, and in the end, the real deal is that, "I just needed you at that time, not anymore" I get that we grow up in different areas, we all have our own ways have handling things, we talk different, have our own codes, we dress different, we go to our own places, etc, but that does not mean that we hurt each other for the sake of one's happiness.

What has this world come to?

The nerds and the geeks are not cool enough because they wear suspenders, funny shoes, and spend hours in thee bedroom creating who knows what...We have the losers, the goth, etc that wear dark make-up, dress in heavy wear no matter the weather, they listen to horrible loud aggressive music, and they intimidate people, mostly because they lack in social skills...We had the stuck up girls whose parents paid for everything from cars to shopping trips, and they even had trust funds so they could afford school, we had the kids that were avg and they just worked hard and yes, it paid off...Growing up I was the outcast. I kept to my self because I knew fitting in would be hard, and I have not always been a fighter, but more of the verbal fighter. I have never been strong at fighting. I was a follower because I did not know what path to take...But I am starting to figure out that who I am, is not a silent quiet person, so please, do not judge a book by it's cover.

I wish the division would end, but I know in this world, times have changed, and we have to push our way through the crowd because yelling is not enough!

Signed:
GyftedArtyst

No comments: