Friday, June 17, 2011

It's Just Emotions

One of my favorite songs by Mary J. Blige is "Take Me As I Am". I find that over the years I have changed a lot about myself because some things were hindering my growth as a person. I grew up in church but I often wondered, "How come you are here and I am not" We grow at different rates, and most times things happen if you are emotionally stable, and often times I wonder if I am. Does not mean I am mentally insane, or crazy, just that some things make me a bit more loud and aggressive than others. But I operate pretty darn well. But one thing I noticed is that no matter where you are, who you are with, evrything you do is counted, and sometimes it is counted against you, so you do have to take certain measures in life, and make sure you act right. Not be perfect, but if you know swearing, chewying loud, burping and farting are not polite especially if you are in the presence of the oppostie sex, make sure they do not have cute friends, because the way you act, your friends would not recommend you to the guys they know. It's simple logic, I have flaws, but I am still a great person. My greats outweigh the bads because I want them to. I would rather be positive than negative because nobody likes a sourpuss. Why be crany and miserable all the time? Why act childish, yell, scream and pick fights just because someone disagreed with what you said?

Growing up is not fun, we often let our emotions get the best of us. I know I do sometimes, but I do my best to control it, however I do know I that have to gain a bit more control.
It may just be emotions, but they often decide our future for us if we do not control how we react to things in life.

I hope those that know me know I try my best, so if at anytime you feel yourself losing control, make sure you have a friend to keep you in check,  I know I have a few that tell it like it is. It is not attractive to scream, swear, and lose your mind, but if he/she knows you than you will be okay.

Signed:
GyftedArtyst

No comments: