Monday, September 12, 2011

Warning: Topic Is Sensitive!!!!

I use caution with this topic, but I must admit, I am a bit tired of hearing certain groups talk about how oppressed and isolated they feel, but I wonder what they are doing to "end" discrimination.


This is going to be a rant. So be prepared...

I have been attending different poetry events, and I notice with most of the nights, that certain diverse groups feel the need to "angrily" and "aggressively" share how they are still mad at how Black people are treated in schools, and gays cannot get over just how "unjust" this so called "cultural" place called Halifax is. I am wondering if this is becoming a mental thing and when we will stop hurting ourselves and just live life? We only live it once yet we seem to be choosing a not so nice way to live.
Why be angry all the time? It's mentioned in Stomp The Yard, (One of my favorite and best dance movies out there) that "losing is a state of mind". How much longer can we be in this state until something happens? We act like we are still being treated like slaves, when I know for a fact that that time is over. So why can't we move on? We have movies that still talk about issues between Blacks and Whites, Hispanics, and Whites, Latino's and Blacks, we forget that all minorities were oppressed and that it was not just the Blacks, Hispanic, Latino, and women.

Each group has had to fight for centuries to be heard. And while there are still some issues we must admit that we have come a long way. But what I do not get is how we manage to still treat each other like we do not have love for each other?

For a group that was isolated and ignored for years you would think that they know what it feels like and just accept people for who they are. What you are does not matter, God knows who and what we are but we as people, as easy as it is to judge, I am learning not to anymore. We have no right to make another person feel like they are not human because of the choice that we made. Why do I need your permission to be something? Only God knows, and only God can judge.

Signed:
GyftedArtyst

Jews had to fight, Christians had to fight, and still do, and in many countries they are killed for believing in God yet they will not step down. Nobody likes being told that their God does not exist, or that they cannot dress like a

No comments: