Monday, August 15, 2011

I Was There

I threw this together some time back, and now just finished it...Let me know your thoughts

I was the girl that people walked past
I was the girl that was ignored
I was the girl that you thought about, looked at, and talked about, but never spoke to
And you wonder why I eyed you the way I did
It's because you treated me the way you did
Why should I give you my time
When you don't even think I am worth a dime?
You act like a man but you speak like a child
And you wonder why a woman like me now, would go for a man like him?
It' because he sees the woman I am, and the woman I can be
He does not choose when to use me, and when to abuse me
He chooses when to love me, cherish me, and hold me
He chooses to make me smile, wipe my tears and comfort me when I sigh
He chooses to stand by me, defend me, and help me fight my battles
But you, preferred to fight against me, and watch me fall alone, with no hope of getting back up
He choose to challenge me, but not act better than me, he chose to help me, and to love me
You chose to fight me, and harm me, not protect me, And
while you chose to be that way, I chose a man who learned to say, "I love you" with his actions, thoughts, and his personality
I hope you learned your lesson, to never let something great go

Signed:
GyftedArtyst

1 comment:

Mon said...

Hmm...very interesting. May I inquire as to who it's about?