Thursday, June 16, 2011

Shades of Brown, & Everything Else!!!!!!!!

I wrote a poem on this a year or so ago and it was inspired by a clip from Tyra Banks show. She had displayed young African American girls and their mothers and it talked about skin color and why we dark skin girls are trying to be lighter. I for one will admit when I was young I wanted the long wavy hair, nice smooth skin, the nice body, etc. And yes over years I had weaves, clip ins, extensions, you name it, I had it. But I have gotten older and much wiser, (in some areas) and I fully believe that beauty is within. I am learning to love my own skin, accept the marks on my body, I am understanding what works best for my body, colors, shades, and how to dress for my height, personality, etc. It is not easy, but it is possible. I do enjoy trying new things, so once in a while I might document an outfit from a function to show you how us short people get down!!!!!!!! I will attach some of my work on here as well so you can really get to know me as an artyst.

I love my skin, I am now treating it with respect, and I encourage all girls to do the same.
Never doubt who you are, and never let someone convince you that your not beautiful. Because you are!
Signed:
Gyfted Artyst

1 comment:

Broken Pieces said...

"I love my skin, I am now treating it with respect..." Can't tell you how much I love this! Wishing you love and blessings! - Joi